Pages

Sunday, April 17, 2011

Insomnia




I've had a weird sort of week really.
I'm usually plagued by insomnia. 
I usually spent each night tossing and turning in my sheets until dawn,
but over the last month I've slept well.
My sleeping problems were replaced by an overwhelming
desire to sleep all the time in fact. 
This seemed to include classes and work breaks. 
I got more stressed, there were more tears, until one of my lecturers caught me napping in her class and took me to the receptionist. 

The receptionist took me to the doctor. 

The doctor sent me away to get blood tests, thinking I might have diabetes. 

The blood test people took my blood. 

I waited, and stressed, and waited some more. 

Then I went back to the doctor. 
It seemed I had no iron. 
Not just low iron, I had little to no iron in my body at all. 

The doctor gave me a piece of paper and sent me to the chemist.
The chemist gave me pills. 

And in between all this I had to get all my assignments in.
So now I have to take these little brown pills to get my iron levels up.


You know
I have noticed a difference since I started taking them.
I've stopped sleeping. 


No comments:

Post a Comment