Pages

Monday, September 23, 2013

Living Below the Poverty Line (Day 1)






The challenge? 
Spend 5 days feeding yourself with $2.25 a day – the New Zealand equivalent of the extreme poverty line.

Hi everyone!
This week I'm doing the Live Below the Line challenge, I'll be living of $11.25 for food this week. With that money I bought a loaf of bread, some eggs, apples, two cans of tomatoes, rolled oats, pasta and some frozen vegies. That is my food for the week. 






My first meal. I was craving butter as soon as the toast popped. But it was nice. So I've rationed my apples to one a day and eggs, two a day.


For lunch, this is a little backwards, but I had porridge with stewed apple. It was pretty good. There was no milk obviously and no sugar but it was good. Tasted like porridge with no milk and sugar with a mild taste of stewed apple. Go figure


I forgot to take a picture of what I had for dinner but I'll be having the same thing tonight (and all the other nights) so I'll post a picture then.


No comments:

Post a Comment